100 days, 100 sports
Four members of staff from First Light and Cornwall Council Community Safety Team, (Ella, Mel, Stuart and Anna) decided that to support 100 days, 100 ways by taking on 100 different sporting activities in the 100 day period. Along the way, they were joined by friends, family and colleagues, making their way through an incredible 100 sporting activities between 25 August and 2 December 2018.
They wanted to really challenge themselves and try new things, whilst, at the same time, getting fitter and connecting with groups and individuals across Cornwall.
These are the challenges they took on:
- Football, Rugby, Hockey, Netball, Lacrosse, Gaelic Football and Basketball
- Baseball, American football, Dodgeball and Shinty
- Surfing, Kayaking, Paddle-boarding, Boogie boarding, Gig rowing
- Morris dancing, Belly dancing, Irish dancing, Tap dancing, Salsa, Bacharach, Kuzumba, Samba, Line Dancing, American Square Dancing
- Capoeira, Brazilian Ju Jistu, Thai Boxing, Karate, Krav Maga, Judo, Akido, Kickboxing, Tai Kwon Do, Cuban boxing, Cornish Wrestling
- Zumba, Boogie Bounce, Combat, Clubbercise, Spinning, HIIT training, Weight Lifting, Bootcamp, Cross Fit, Kettle Bell, Gym and Circuit Training
- Circus skills – aerial acrobatics – hoop, trapeze, rope, silks
- Light sabre fighting, Quidditch
- Archery, Crossbow, Clay Pigeon Shooting, Axe Throwing, Rifle Shooting, Combat Archery
- Roller derby, Roller Skating, Ice Skating, Skateboarding, Scootering, Skiing, BMXing
- Golf, Football golf, bowling, boules
- Sea swimming, running, cycling
- Tennis, Squash, Badminton
- Pool, Darts, Chess, Table tennis, Table football, Snooker
- Horseriding, fencing, climbing, croquet, sword sport, in-fighting
- Hula hooping, Garden sports, Bat and Ball, Howler, Trampolining
- Yoga, Pilates, Parkour, PiYo, Acro Yoga
- Karting, Zip Wire, Giant Swing
First Light and the 100 sports team would like to say a huge thank you to all the sports teams, gyms and facilities throughout Cornwall that have welcomed them on board and supported them by offering them free or discounted access to activities.