First Light is a charity supporting people in Cornwall, Devon and Wiltshire who have been affected by domestic abuse and sexual violence. In 2017 Twelves Company and Skoodyha merged to become First Light. We are independent of statutory agencies, including the Police, and every year we help thousands of men, women and children in the South West to lead safer lives, free from violence and abuse.
Vision, Mission and Values
Our vision is a world where everyone lives in safety, free from violence and abuse
Our mission is SAFER:
- Save lives by supporting you and your relationships to become safer
- Adapt and transform lives by working together with partner agencies
- Free lives by empowering you to cope, recover and thrive following violence and abuse
- Enhance lives by educating society and rehabilitating harmful behaviour
- Respect lives by valuing your life choices and developing your resilience
Our organisational values are:
- Team Work
GHP Social Care Awards 2017 – Best UK Domestic Abuse Victim Support.
West Briton Community Safety Awards 2014.
Reed UK & Ireland 2014 – Not For Profit Manager of the Year.
Centre for Social Justice Awards 2006