About First Light
First Light is an award winning* registered charity. Recognising common values and shared strengths, Twelves Company and Skoodyha merged to become First Light on the 01 April 2017. We are independent of statutory agencies and support thousands of people each year affected by Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence across Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
GHP Social Care Awards 2017 – Best UK Domestic Abuse Victim Support. West Briton Community Safety Awards 2014. Reed UK & Ireland 2014 – Not For Profit Manager of the Year. Centre for Social Justice Awards 2006
Meet our Trustees and Senior Management Team
EDUCATION & TRAINING
We deliver a range of education and training programmes and can make bespoke programmes to suit your needs.
First Light does not and cannot work in isolation. Our lifesaving work is only made possible by our incredible funders, donors and partner agencies.
As a growing organisation, we’re often on the look-out for passionate, determined and committed people to join our award-winning team.
Read the latest news and updates from all our services.
Why, What and How
Our vision is a world where everyone lives in safety, free from violence and abuse
Our mission is SAFER:
- Save lives by supporting you and your relationships to become safer
- Adapt and transform lives by working together with partner agencies
- Free lives by empowering you to cope, recover and thrive following violence and abuse
- Enhance lives by educating society and rehabilitating harmful behaviour
- Respect lives by valuing your life choices and developing your resilience
Our organisational values are:
- Team Work