As a growing organisation, we’re often on the look-out for passionate, determined and committed people to join our award-winning team.
You might want to join us because
- We are considered experts in our field; we provide specialist support
- We are a people focused organisation and consider it a privilege to meet, engage and support somebody at their moment of crisis
- We are often the first people that a somebody has told about violence or abuse – a responsibility we take extremely seriously
- We listen, empathise and see people that use our services
- We believe that people have a choice whether to engage with us. We will always respect their life choices
- We encourage people to find their voice, empower them to make positive change in their lives and thrive in a positive future
- We stand beside people, often advocating on their behalf to get better outcomes
We particularly welcome applications from people who share our vision, mission and organisational values.
Male Engagement Coordinator / Crisis Worker – Swindon & Wiltshire SARC
Salary: £21,140 per annum
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00)
There may be a requirement to work outside of these hours to meet the needs of the service
Base: Swindon SARC
Contract: 12 month fixed term contract (with the potential to extend subject to funding and success of the project)
First Light (formerly known as Twelves Company) is an award winning charity that has specialised in supporting victims of serious interpersonal violence since 2004.
The Swindon and Wiltshire Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) are seeking a new staff member to take on the role of Male Engagement Coordinator and Crisis Worker. This is a new post, which requires an individual who understands the barriers males face when accessing support following a sexual assault.
The post holder must be passionate and enthusiastic about male clients accessing the SARC and will seek to improve engagement with the service via all channels available. Key responsibilities will include:
- Work towards and achieve Male Quality Standards Accreditation
- Production of a 12-month Male Engagement Plan
- Providing crisis worker/trauma support to individuals who have experience sexual assault
- Engagement and multiagency working with community and statutory services
- Production of tailored promotional materials
- Community outreach
- Quarterly and annual report writing
- Writing and delivering presentations to stakeholders about the scope of the SARC Service
- Understanding the impact of sexual assault on male survivors and communicating this to all stakeholders
- Ability to respond appropriately to disclosures of sexual assault or requests for support from male survivors
- Competence with use of Microsoft packages and CRM system
- Share and promote learning and good practice for the Male Quality Standards across the wider First Light organisation
The post holder will need to be a self starter, conscientious, meticulous, highly motivated, flexible and able to work autonomously.
There will be a requirement to apply for a Disclosure Barring (DBS) check and police vetting.
To apply : Please complete both sections of the application form (see links below). Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile and person specification. Alternatively, you can ring 03458 121212 to request an application pack.
CVs will not be accepted.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 5:00 pm Thursday 16th April 2020
Expected date for interviews : To be confirmed
If you do not hear from us by Thursday 30th April, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will not be able to provide feedback to applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.
For SECTION ONE of the application form please click here
For SECTION TWO of the application form please click here
For completion of our Equality and Diversity monitoring form (optional) please click here
To view the Male Engagement Coordinator / Crisis Worker role profile please click here
We also have volunteer positions available. For more information, please click here.
First Light has a commitment to safeguarding. Please see our attached policies on adult and child safeguarding, together with our policy on safer recruitment.
To read our Safer Recruitment policy please click here
To read our Safeguarding Children and Adults policy please click here