First Light are experiencing an increased demand for its services in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, and as a result we have managed to secure additional funding to increase our capacity across the organisation.
As a growing organisation, we’re on the look-out for passionate, determined and committed people to join our award-winning team. We consider our organisation to be a rewarding one for all individuals who are involved within it, and pride ourselves on our ambitious and nurturing nature. Staff benefits include membership of Perkpal (our employee benefits and reward programme), which enables access to a number of free resources including health and wellbeing, and access to our employee assistance programme which provides the tools to live a happier and healthier life. This programme includes assessments, short term counselling and referral services for employees and immediate family, as well as a host of other free and discounted benefits. All of our staff have access to external supervision.
We particularly welcome applications from people who share our vision, mission and organisational values.
You might want to join us because
- We are considered experts in our field; we provide specialist support
- We are a people focused organisation and consider it a privilege to meet, engage and support somebody at their moment of crisis
- We are often the first people that somebody has told about violence or abuse – a responsibility we take extremely seriously
- We listen, empathise and see people that use our services
- We believe that people have a choice whether to engage with us. We will always respect their life choices
- We encourage people to find their voice, empower them to make positive change in their lives and thrive in a positive future
- We stand beside people, often advocating on their behalf to get better outcomes
First Light has a commitment to safeguarding. Please see our policies on adult and child safeguarding, together with our policy on safer recruitment on the buttons below.