You might want to join us because
- We are considered experts in our field; we provide specialist support
- We are a people focused organisation and consider it a privilege to meet, engage and support somebody at their moment of crisis
- We are often the first people that somebody has told about violence or abuse – a responsibility we take extremely seriously
- We listen, empathise and see people that use our services
- We believe that people have a choice whether to engage with us. We will always respect their life choices
- We encourage people to find their voice, empower them to make positive change in their lives and thrive in a positive future
- We stand beside people, often advocating on their behalf to get better outcomes
We particularly welcome applications from people who share our vision, mission and organisational values.
What our staff say about us:
“I absolutely love the job, the pay is good, the team are amazing, not just on the helpline but the whole company. Everybody is so compassionate and they recognise that mental health is important. Any role within this field has its stresses, but you get such a reward in knowing that you have helped so many people in various situations and it doesn’t go unrecognised by management.” Helpline Response Team Advisor
“Really supportive management and a CEO who is super grounded and inclusive. Supportive and friendly community amongst colleagues. The role is challenging but extremely rewarding and the vast range of experience gained is attractive for future roles.” Child and Young Person’s Independent Domestic Violence Advisor
“Interesting, challenging job. Good pay scale, enjoyable work, opportunity for career advancement. Need to be self reliant and work independently, able to cope with pressure of a high caseload, but very rewarding to help very vulnerable people.” Independent Domestic Violence Advisor
First Light has a commitment to safeguarding. Please see our policies on adult and child safeguarding, together with our policy on safer recruitment on the buttons below.