Child and Young Persons Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (CYP ISVA)
Salary: £22,200 pa, rising to £22,550 per annum after successful completion of probationary period, and rising to £23,550 after completion of ISVA accreditation.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Holiday: 25 days, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (plus bank holidays)
Base: North Devon and Exeter
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Child and Young Persons Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (CYP ISVA) to join our growing and rapidly developing ISVA Service in Devon & Cornwall. The CYP ISVA will be based in Devon covering North Devon and Exeter. They will provide CYP ISVA services to victims as well as holding a busy caseload.
- To support and have understanding and experiences of children and young people, who have experienced trauma in their lives.
- Provide advice, risk evaluation, support and information to all professionals working with victims and survivors of sexual violence and the general public.
- Lead in crisis situations and provide advice and guidance on all complex needs cases and information sharing concerns.
- Provide a service that recognises the diverse needs of clients, ensuring the service is accessible to all
- Knowledge of local services, both statutory and third sector, will be an advantage; including Safeguarding procedures for Children and Vulnerable people.
- To respect and value the diversity of the community in which the service works in.
- To be able to work as part of a wider team which aims to deliver a high-quality frontline service keeping the safety of victims of sexual violence central to all processes.
- A full valid drivers licence and access to own vehicle with Business Insurance as county-wide travel is integral to the role.
Some understanding of the impacts of Sexual Violence for this group is desirable but not essential as all ISVAs will be expected to undertake accredited ISVA training. A comprehensive induction and training programme will be provided, and all staff have access to external supervision.
- Membership of Perkpal, our employee discount and rewards programme offering a host of retail, leisure, fitness and entertainment discounts (such as for cinema, shopping and gym memberships)
- Health and wellbeing resources including our wellbeing group.
- Access to our employee assistance programme which includes a comprehensive telephone helpline available 24/7, offering information around medical, emotional and financial support.
Additional Information: All applicants will be police vetted and subject to the Disclosure & Barring Scheme, and a DVLA check.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 9.00am Friday 3rd December 2021
Expected date for interviews: Week Commencing 20th December 2021
If you are successful in securing an interview for the role you will hear from us by 17th December. Due to Safeguarding requirements we are unable to accept CV’s.
To apply: Please complete both sections of our application form that can be found at the top of the page. Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile (this is a combined job description and person specification). Alternatively, you can ring 03458 121212 to request an application pack.