Salary : £19,884 (pro rata) per annum rising to £20,657 (pro rata) per annum on successful completion of probation
Hours : 30 hours per week (Tuesday – Friday, 09.00 – 17.00)
Holiday : 25 days annual holiday entitlement increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service per annum plus bank holidays (pro rata)
Base : Plymouth
Contract : Fixed term until 30th September 2023 with further extension subject to future funding
We have an exciting new opportunity for an Administrator to join the team in our Plymouth based office. This role will be supporting the existing administration team to service the Devon & Cornwall ISVA Service and Plymouth and South Devon Therapy Service.
- Support the administration function of the Devon & Cornwall ISVA Service and Plymouth & South Devon Therapy Service, including reception and telephone support.
- Create, develop, implement and maintain administrative systems
- Develop, implement and maintain data systems, including data inputting
- Maintain data integrity and compile and prepare reports and presentations using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- To maintain confidentiality as required within the role and to be able to work on issues of a sensitive or confidential nature in a confident and capable manner
- Demonstrable proficiency in Intermediate IT skills (Microsoft Office)
- Administrative experience
- Experience and ability to design, maintain and develop administrative systems and spreadsheets/databases
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skills and ability to handle calls and enquires sensitively from a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to manipulate data and provide detailed reports that include Excel charts
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- A comprehensive induction and training programme, with a hybrid working policy for a better work/life balance.
- Access to external supervision to discuss personal or emotional responses to traumatic or difficult cases, to ensure emotional and psychological wellbeing.
- Health and wellbeing resources including our staff Wellbeing Group and active participation in our employee engagement platform.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme which includes a 24/7 telephone helpline offering medical, emotional and financial support.
- Employer contribution pension scheme.
Additional Information: The successful applicant will be subject to a Standard Disclosure & Barring check. Please note that due to our policies regarding COVID-19, staff may sometimes be required to work from home.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 9:00am Tuesday 19th July 2022
Expected date for interviews: Thursday 28th July 2022
If you do not hear from us by 27th July, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time.
To apply: Due to Safeguarding requirements we are unable to accept CVs as part of your application, or employ any candidate who has been a client of First Light within the last two years. Please complete both sections of our application form that can be found at the top of this page and email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile, which is a combined job description and person specification. Alternatively, you can ring 03458 121212 to request an application pack.