Children and Young Person’s Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (CYPISVA) – Non-contact offences (x3)
Salary : £22,220 per annum rising to £23,550 on successful completion of probation and ISVA accreditation.
Hours : 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday)
Holiday : 25 days annual holiday entitlement increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service per annum (plus bank holidays)
Base : Co-located within Children Services Offices in West, Mid and East Cornwall
Contract : fixed term until March 2023 with the potential for extension subject to future funding
This exciting new pilot in Cornwall will operate in close partnership with Local Authority Children’s Services and will support children and young people who are experiencing sexualised behaviour via non-contact offences.
- It will be necessary to work proactively to risk assess, complete comprehensive support plans provide emotional and practical support, address individual safety concerns around online safety, assisting children and young people to enhance their understanding around consent and healthy relationships as well as signposting and referrals to other agencies.
- A key component for this new role will be the ability to work collaboratively with a range of professionals in both the statutory and third sector agencies.
- The new posts will join an established ISVA Service that provides services for adults and children across Devon and Cornwall.
- The post holders will support, and have experience of working with children and young people, who have experienced trauma in their lives. Knowledge of local services both statutory and third sector will be an advantage including Safeguarding procedures for Children and Vulnerable people.
- Some understanding of the impacts of sexual violence for this group is desirable but not essential, as all CYP ISVAs will be expected to undertake accredited ISVA training.
- The post holders will provide advice, risk evaluation, support and information to all professionals working with victims and survivors of sexual violence and the general public. They will lead in crisis situations, and provide advice and guidance on all complex needs cases and information sharing concerns.
- The diversity of the community in which the service works will be respected and valued, providing a service that recognises the diverse needs of clients and ensuring the service is accessible to all.
- There will be a requirement to work as part of a wider team which aims to deliver a high-quality frontline service keeping the safety of victims of sexual violence central to all processes.
- It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a car as there will be a requirement to travel across the County.
A comprehensive induction and training programme will be provided, and all staff have access to external supervision.
- Membership of Perkpal, our employee discount and rewards programme (such as for cinema, shopping and gym memberships)
- Health and wellbeing resources including our wellbeing group.
- Access to our employee assistance programme which includes a comprehensive telephone helpline available 24/7, offering information around medical, emotional and financial support.
- A host of retail, leisure, fitness and entertainment discounts.
Additional Information: All applicants will be subject to the Disclosure & Barring Scheme and police vetted. Please note due to our policies regarding COVID-19 staff may be required to work from home.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 9:00am 12th November 2021.
Expected date for interviews: To be confirmed
If you do not hear from us by Friday 19th November 2021, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time. Due to Safeguarding requirements we are unable to accept CV’s.
To apply: Please complete both our application forms that can be found at the top of the page. Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile (this is a combined job description and person specification). Alternatively, you can ring 03458 121212 to request an application pack.