Community Outreach Advisor
Salary : £19,884 per annum rising to £20,657 per annum on successful completion of probation.
Hours : 37.5 hours per week
Holiday : 25 days annual holiday entitlement increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service per annum plus bank holidays
Base : Truro
Contract : fixed term until March 2023 with the potential for extension subject to future funding
The Community Outreach Advisor will provide direct outreach support and advice to anyone impacted by domestic abuse and sexual violence, who are also facing multiple complex issues, for example drug and alcohol, mental health, ensuring appropriate support is in place to improve outcomes for those affected. They will work with clients to reduce the risk of further domestic abuse, this will include safety planning, support with housing, signposting to health and wellbeing services, support with attending court and reporting to the police if appropriate.
- To provide direct outreach support and advice to anyone impacted by domestic abuse and sexual violence, ensuring appropriate support is in place to improve outcomes for those effected.
- To evidence excellent communication and interpersonal skills, combined with a confidential approach to supporting those affected by domestic abuse.
- To use of advocacy and partnership working, to be non-judgmental, with a sensitive approach and good understanding of how to meet complex needs especially around drugs and alcohol use.
- To have the ability to remain calm and resilient, and work closely with all members of the integrated service.
- A willing and flexible approach and the ability to work as part of a team or alone.
- Full driving licence and access to a car.
A comprehensive induction and training programme will be provided, and all staff have access to external supervision. This is a safe space in which employees can discuss the personal or emotional responses to any traumatic or difficult cases, to ensure their emotional and psychological wellbeing.
- Membership of Perkpal, our employee discount and rewards programme (such as for cinema, shopping and gym memberships)
- Health and wellbeing resources including our wellbeing group.
- Access to our employee assistance programme which includes a comprehensive telephone helpline available 24/7, offering information around medical, emotional and financial support.
Additional Information: The successful applicant will be subject to the Disclosure & Barring Scheme. Please note that due to our policies regarding COVID-19, some staff may currently be required to work from home.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 9:00 am Monday 9th May 2022
Expected date for interviews: 18th May 2022
If you do not hear from us by 17th May, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time.
To apply: Please complete both sections of our application form that can be found at the top of the page and email these to firstname.lastname@example.org . Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile, which is a combined job description and person specification. Alternatively, you can ring 03458 121212 and press option 3 to request an application pack. Due to Safeguarding requirements we are unable to accept CVs and we are unable to employ any candidate who has been a client of First Light within the last two years.