Salary : £22,866.00 per annum rising to £23,227.00 per annum on successful completion of probation
Hours : 37.5 hours per week
Holiday : 25 days annual holiday entitlement increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service per annum plus bank holidays
Base : Swindon SARC
Contract : fixed term until 31 March 2023 with the potential for extension subject to future funding
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Swindon and Wiltshire Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) as a Crisis Advocate. Working as a member of a small, dedicated team, you will provide vital support services to victims of rape and sexual assault:
- Supporting survivors following SARC support as part of the SARC pathway
- Acting as a liaison between SARC and ISVA services
- Maintaining survivor engagement in the Criminal Justice System process until the client is allocated ISVA support
- Supporting a victim through the referral pathway from crisis to recovery
- Ensuring that the victim feels supported, listened to and believed
- Being the nominated case manager and point of contact for the victim and their family to allow smooth transition from SARC to other services
- Supporting the safety planning, monitor risk (including escalation to high risk and safeguarding concerns)
- Maintaining accurate and confidential electronic case management records and contribute to monitoring for the service
- Providing face to face and virtual appointments at the SARC for clients who have completed a forensic medical examination.
- Full driving licence and access to a car
- A comprehensive induction and training programme, with a hybrid working policy for a better work/life balance.
- Access to external supervision to discuss personal or emotional responses to traumatic or difficult cases, to ensure emotional and psychological wellbeing.
- Health and wellbeing resources including our staff Wellbeing Group and active participation in our employee engagement platform.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme which includes a 24/7 telephone helpline offering medical, emotional and financial support.
- Employer contribution pension scheme.
Additional Information: The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring check and police vetting. Please note that due to our policies regarding COVID-19, staff may sometimes be required to work from home.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 9:00 am Monday 11th July 2022
Expected date for interviews: TBC
If you do not hear from us by 22nd July, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time.
To apply: Due to Safeguarding requirements we are unable to accept CVs as part of your application, or employ any candidate who has been a client of First Light within the last two years. Please complete both sections of our application form that can be found at the top of this page and email to email@example.com . Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile, which is a combined job description and person specification. Alternatively, you can ring 03458 121212 to request an application pack.