Domestic Abuse Support Advisor (Part Time)
Salary : £19,000 rising to £19,750 pro-rata on successful completion of probationary period
Hours : 18.5 hours per week. May be required to work some Saturdays with a day off in the week
Holiday : 25 days annual holiday entitlement increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service per annum (plus bank holidays) pro-rata
Base : Truro
Contract : Permanent
We are looking for a highly motivated and flexible individual to join our team as a Domestic Abuse Support Advisor. The successful candidate will work closely with the Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA) Team and Helpline Team within First Light.
- Providing support to victims through the referral pathway from crisis to recovery, ensuring the victim is supported, listened to and believed.
- Support safety planning and monitor risk, raising any safeguarding concerns.
- Brokering recovery support packages and providing continuity of support to the victim.
- Regularly reviewing the victim’s risk and needs in order to keep them and their families safe.
- As COVID restrictions continue to ease facilitating outreach and drop-in services in the community, based in locations across Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly.
- Full valid driving licence and access to a vehicle.
A comprehensive induction and training programme will be provided, and all staff have access to external supervision.
- Membership of Perkpal, our employee discount and rewards programme offering a host of retail, leisure, fitness and entertainment discounts (such as for cinema, shopping and gym memberships)
- Health and wellbeing resources including our wellbeing group.
- Access to our employee assistance programme which includes a comprehensive telephone helpline available 24/7, offering information around medical, emotional and financial support.
Additional Information: All applicants will be subject to the Disclosure & Barring Scheme and police vetted. Please note due to our policies regarding COVID-19 staff may be required to work from home.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Nov 2nd 2021
Expected date for interviews: Week Commencing Nov 8th,2021
If you do not hear from us by Nov 8th,2021 please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time. Due to Safeguarding requirements we are unable to accept CV’s.
To apply: Please complete both our application forms that can be found at the top of the page. Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile (this is a combined job description and person specification). Alternatively, you can ring 03458 121212 to request an application pack.