Domestic Abuse Team Leader x 2
Salary : £24,800 per annum rising to £25,300 per annum on successful completion of probation.
Hours : 37.5 hours per week
Holiday : 25 days annual holiday entitlement incrementally increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service per annum plus bank holidays
Base : Truro
Contract : Fixed term for 2 years with the potential for extension subject to future funding
We are recruiting two Team Leaders with excellent staff coaching and performance management skills, who will be responsible for leading, developing and line managing a team based in the community to provide a high-quality frontline service to those affected by domestic abuse and sexual violence.
- Direct line management responsibility for a community based team, keeping the safety of victims and families of domestic abuse central to all processes.
- Working within a multi-agency environment to support a co-ordinated community response.
- Leading in crisis situations and providing advice and guidance on child and adult safeguarding issues and information sharing concerns.
- Ensuring that case files and records are accurate and complete.
- Leading the team to provide proactive, short to medium term support to clients, incorporating risk assessment.
- Full driving licence and access to a car.
- Experience of working with domestic abuse clients and/or vulnerable people.
- Experience of crisis management, risk minimisation and decision-making in difficult situations within tight deadlines.
- Demonstrable IT skills eg Microsoft Office.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
A comprehensive induction and training programme will be provided, and all staff have access to external supervision. This is a safe space in which employees can discuss the personal or emotional responses to any traumatic or difficult cases, to ensure their emotional and psychological wellbeing.
- Membership of Perkpal, our employee discount and rewards programme (such as for cinema, shopping and gym memberships).
- Health and wellbeing resources including our wellbeing group.
- Access to our employee assistance programme which includes a comprehensive telephone helpline available 24/7, offering information around medical, emotional and financial support.
Additional Information: The successful applicant will be subject to the Disclosure & Barring Scheme, a DVLA check and police vetting. Please note that due to our policies regarding COVID-19, some staff may currently be required to work from home.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 09:00 Tuesday 4th January 2022.
Expected date for interviews: Tuesday 11th January 2022.
If you are successful in securing an interview for this role, you will hear from us by 10th January 2022.
To apply: Please complete both sections of our application form that can be found at the top of the page. Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile, which is a combined job description and person specification. Alternatively, you can ring 03458 121212 to request an application pack, as due to Safeguarding requirements we are unable to accept CV’s.