Family Domestic Abuse Support Advisor (FDASA) x3
Salary : £19,000 rising to £19,750 on successful completion of probation
Hours : 37.5 hours per week
Holiday : 25 days annual holiday entitlement increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service per annum (plus bank holidays)
Base : Either Launceston, St Austell or Redruth
Contract : fixed term for 18 months with the potential for extension subject to future funding
Main duties include training and providing ongoing support to teams within the Together for Families (TFF) service, to enable staff to effectively identify and respond to families impacted by domestic abuse and sexual violence. This role will be based primarily within the Family Assessment Support (FAS) Teams and Family Health Teams, as well as supporting professionals within the wider TFF Directorate.
- Provide a single point of contact to practitioners across TFF for domestic abuse and sexual violence, including a direct referral pathway to Safer Futures.
- Provide direct casework with families where there is domestic abuse, including advice, information, and advocacy to all genders experiencing domestic abuse through telephone contact, and/or meetings at the relevant venues/hubs.
- Provide bespoke training to meet the needs of the identified TFF teams to build on existing knowledge, focusing on the specific children and family caseload needs, implementing evidence-based interventions for TFF workers to deliver.
- Provide staff drop-in clinics to discuss complex cases across TFF.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with teams across TFF.
- Ensure that the victim feels supported, listened to and believed.
- Signpost/refer and broker access to information advice and support.
- Aim of increasing the number of referrals made by TFF for domestic abuse support.
- Maintain accurate and confidential electronic case management records and contribute to monitoring for the service, this will include access to TFF cases
- Literacy skills and experience working with databases
- Full UK driving licence and access to a car
A comprehensive induction and training programme will be provided, and all staff have access to external supervision.
- Membership of Perkpal, our employee discount and rewards programme (such as for cinema, shopping and gym memberships)
- Health and wellbeing resources including our wellbeing group.
- Access to our employee assistance programme which includes a comprehensive telephone helpline available 24/7, offering information around medical, emotional and financial support.
Additional Information: All applicants will be subject to the Disclosure & Barring Scheme. Please note that due to our policies regarding COVID-19, some staff may currently be required to work from home.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 9:00am Thursday 28th October 2021
Expected date for interviews: Friday 5th November 2021
If you do not hear from us by 4th November, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time. Due to Safeguarding requirements we are unable to accept CV’s.
To apply: Please complete both sections of our application form that can be found at the top of the page. Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile (this is a combined job description and person specification). Alternatively, you can ring 03458 121212 to request an application pack.