Family Domestic Abuse Support Advisor
Salary : £19,884 per annum rising to £20,657 per annum on successful completion of probation
Hours : 37.5 hours per week
Holiday : 25 days annual holiday entitlement increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service per annum plus bank holidays
Base : Redruth, Cornwall
Contract : Fixed term until February 2023 to provide maternity cover.
An opportunity has arisen for a Family Domestic Abuse Support Advisor within our Safer Futures Cornwall team. The successful candidate will be providing Maternity Cover supporting clients in Redruth and the surrounding areas of Cornwall.
- The successful candidate will be a single point of contact to practitioners across TFF for Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence.
- The successful candidate will provide direct casework with families where there is Domestic Abuse, including advice, information and advocacy.
- To provide bespoke training to meet the needs of the identified TFF teams to build on existing knowledge, implementing evidence-based interventions for TFF workers to deliver.
- The successful candidate will undertake risk assessments, safety planning, provide emotional and practical support.
- The successful candidates will ensure that families feel supported, listened to and believed, working alongside TFF to reduce the risk of further domestic abuse.
- The successful candidate should have knowledge of domestic abuse and sexual violence.
- The successful candidate must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a non-judgmental and confidential approach to supporting those affected by Domestic Abuse.
- It is essential that the successful candidate has a willing and flexible approach and be able to work as part of a team or alone.
- The successful candidate will have the ability to remain calm and resilient and must be willing to undertake further training as and when required.
- The successful candidate must also have knowledge of child and adult safeguarding procedures and an understanding and commitment to the Equality, Diversity & Human Rights agenda.
- The successful candidate must be able to legally drive in the UK and will be subject to a DVLA check.
A comprehensive induction and training programme will be provided, and all staff have access to external supervision. This is a safe space in which employees can discuss the personal or emotional responses to any traumatic or difficult cases, to ensure their emotional and psychological wellbeing.
- A comprehensive induction and training programme, with a hybrid working policy for a better work/life balance.
- Access to external supervision to discuss personal or emotional responses to traumatic or difficult cases, to ensure emotional and psychological wellbeing.
- Health and wellbeing resources including our staff Wellbeing Group and active participation in our employee engagement platform.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme which includes a 24/7 telephone helpline offering medical, emotional and financial support.
- Employer contribution pension scheme.
Additional Information: The successful applicant will be subject to the Enhanced Disclosure & Barring check. Please note that due to our policies regarding COVID-19, some staff may currently be required to work from home. We are unable to employ any candidate who has been a client of First Light within the last two years.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Midday Monday 11th July 2022
Expected date for interviews: Tuesday 19th July 2022
If you do not hear from us by 15th July, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time.
To apply: Please complete both sections of our application form that can be found at the top of this page and email to email@example.com . Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile, which is a combined job description and person specification. Alternatively, you can ring 03458 121212 to request an application pack. Due to Safeguarding requirements we are unable to accept CVs.