Helpline Response Team Advisor (evenings and weekends)
Salary : £18,525 per annum rising to £18,750 on successful completion of probation. Hours outside of Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm are paid at a rate of time and a half of pro rata salary.
Hours : 37.5 hrs per week – Monday to Friday 1:00pm – 9:00pm plus 2 Saturdays in 3 with a day off in the week
Holiday : 25 days annual holiday entitlement increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service per annum (plus bank holidays)
Base : Truro
Contract : fixed term until March 2022 with the potential for extension subject to future funding until June 2023
We are seeking a passionate, highly motivated and dedicated professional to provide support and information to those affected by domestic abuse. The successful applicant will be joining a team of committed and inspiring individuals, and will have access to training opportunities to progress within our Independent Domestic Violence Advisor (IDVA) and Community Outreach teams.
- Providing support to increase a person’s safety, and empower them to understand their options and make decisions about their future.
- Conducting telephone-based risk assessments, safety plans, information and advice and onward referral into the integrated domestic abuse pathway.
- Using excellent communication and interpersonal skills combined with a non-judgmental and confidential approach to support those affected by domestic abuse.
- A willing and flexible approach, with good attention to detail and the ability to work as part of a team or alone.
- The ability to remain calm and resilient and a willingness to undertake further training as and when required.
A comprehensive induction and training programme will be provided, and all staff have access to external supervision.
- Membership of Perkpal, our employee discount and rewards programme offering a host of retail, leisure, fitness and entertainment discounts (such as for cinema, shopping and gym memberships)
- Health and wellbeing resources including our wellbeing group.
- Access to our employee assistance programme which includes a comprehensive telephone helpline available 24/7, offering information around medical, emotional and financial support.
Additional Information: All applicants will be subject to the Disclosure & Barring Scheme.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 9:00am Monday 1st November
Expected date for interviews: Monday 8th November
If you do not hear from us by 5th November, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time. Due to Safeguarding requirements we are unable to accept CV’s.
To apply: Please complete both sections of our application form that can be found at the top of the page. Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile (this is a combined job description and person specification). Alternatively, you can ring 03458 121212 to request an application pack.