Salary : £22,866 per annum, rising to £23,227 per annum on successful completion of probation and £24,257 per annum after accreditation.
Hours : 37.5 hours per week
Holiday : 25 days annual holiday entitlement increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service per annum plus bank holidays (pro rata)
Base : Pool Innovation Centre
Contract : Permanent
To provide a pro-active service to victims of domestic abuse to keep them safe. Providing a premium service to those assessed at highest risk. The post holder will work pro-actively within a multi-agency setting (including MARAC) to develop comprehensive safety and support plans to help keep victims safe. Key to the success of this role is the use of advocacy and partnership working skills to ensure victims are supported to access services to which they are entitled.
The post holder will need to be highly motivated, flexible and able to work unsupervised on a day-to-day basis.
- To support clients through the Criminal Justice System, explaining the procedures and their role and rights within that system.
- To undertake risk assessments and deliver an appropriate service in keeping with the result.
- To ensure accurate and timely maintenance of all case records, both hard and electronic.
- To participate in the MARAC framework: referring high risk victims, attending and participating in meetings and following up on actions agreed in the meetings.
- To provide advocacy, emotional and practical support and information to victims to address key needs including, housing, civil and criminal legal actions, benefits and health.
- Full driving licence and access to a car
- A comprehensive induction and training programme, with a hybrid working policy for a better work/life balance.
- Access to external supervision to discuss personal or emotional responses to traumatic or difficult cases, to ensure emotional and psychological wellbeing.
- Health and wellbeing resources including our staff Wellbeing Group and active participation in our employee engagement platform.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme which includes a 24/7 telephone helpline offering medical, emotional and financial support.
- Employer contribution pension scheme.
Additional Information: The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring check . Please note that in some roles staff may be required to work from home/office base in accordance with our Hybrid Working policy.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 22nd August 2022
Expected date for interviews: 30 August 2022
If you do not hear from us by 26th August 2022 please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time.
To apply: Due to Safeguarding requirements we are unable to accept CVs as part of your application, or employ any candidate who has been a client of First Light within the last two years. Please complete both sections of our application form that can be found at the top of this page and email to email@example.com . Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile, which is a combined job description and person specification. Alternatively, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 03458 121212 to request an application pack.