Neuro Diverse Independent Sexual Violence Advisor
Salary : £22,866 per annum rising to £23,227 per annum on successful completion of probation and £24,257 per annum after accreditation.
Hours : 37.5 hours per week
Holiday : 25 days annual holiday entitlement increasing incrementally to 30 days after 5 years’ service per annum plus bank holidays
Base : Devon or Cornwall
Contract : Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for a full time Neuro Diverse Adult Independent Sexual Violence Advisor (ISVA) to join our growing and rapidly developing ISVA Service in Devon & Cornwall. The post holder will have excellent understanding of the neuro diverse community and awareness of the difficulties of reporting sexual assault for this often-hidden group. They will develop pathways for clients within the neuro diverse community, provide training for partners and be proactive in promoting the service across Devon and Cornwall. They will provide services to victims as well as holding a busy caseload.
- Manage a complex caseload
- Have excellent awareness and understanding of neuro diverse needs
- The post holders will support and have understanding and experiences of people, who have experienced trauma in their lives
- Contribute to Team targets
- Good multi agency working
- Ability to raise awareness and train agencies in ISVA role and that of neuro diverse community
- Full driving licence
- Experience of SV or working with vulnerable people
- Experience of crisis management, risk assessments and decision making
- Highly developed interpersonal skills (written and oral)
- A comprehensive induction and training programme, with a hybrid working policy for a better work/life balance.
- Access to external supervision to discuss personal or emotional responses to traumatic or difficult cases, to ensure emotional and psychological wellbeing.
- Health and wellbeing resources including our staff Wellbeing Group and active participation in our employee engagement platform.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme which includes a 24/7 telephone helpline offering medical, emotional and financial support.
- Employer contribution pension scheme.
Additional Information: The successful applicant will be subject to a Enhanced Disclosure & Barring check and police vetting. Please note that due to our policies regarding COVID-19, staff may sometimes be required to work from home.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 18 July 2022
Expected date for interviews: 27 July 2022
If you do not hear from us by 23 July 2022, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time.
To apply: Due to Safeguarding requirements we are unable to accept CVs as part of your application, or employ any candidate who has been a client of First Light within the last two years. Please complete both sections of our application form that can be found at the top of this page and email to firstname.lastname@example.org . Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile, which is a combined job description and person specification. Alternatively, you can ring 03458 121212 to request an application pack.