People Engagement Worker x 2
Salary : £22,866 (pro rata) per annum rising to £23,227 (pro rata) per annum on successful completion of probation
Hours : 18.5 hours per week
Holiday : 25 days annual holiday entitlement increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service per annum plus bank holidays (pro rata)
Base : Pool, Cornwall and Plymouth, Devon
Contract : Fixed term until 31 July 2023 with the potential for extension subject to future funding
We are looking for two passionate and talented People Engagement Workers to join our growing and high-performing service. This role would be ideal for any individual with lived experience. If you, would like to work for a leading domestic abuse and sexual violence charity in a rewarding role where you will really make a difference, then join us at First Light.
- To embed the role of people engagement within First Light, carrying out an analysis of current participation work across the service and relevant partners and groups in order to develop a strong program of events and activities.
- To work at amplifying the voices of victims and survivors, including through identifying people who can safely and powerfully share their stories more widely.
- To establish a range of mechanisms for engaging with victims and survivors, considering in particular the diverse and intersectional needs of different people and ensuring engagement is accessible.
- To proactively engage with people affected by domestic abuse and sexual violence who face the most marginalization and experience the greatest barriers to support.
- Developing mechanisms for engaging with children and young people affected by domestic abuse and sexual violence
- To establish a formal Victims and Survivors forum/panel, ensuring their voices are heard; working in a trauma informed way to proactively encourage engagement.
- To support and encourage all staff within the service to integrate user participation in daily practice as well as service development and provision of training.
- To create a communication outlet across First Light and relevant partners to share participation work and future opportunities; to share and use lived experience in an appropriate way to break down barriers and adding to the quality within the support provided.
- Full Driving Licence and access to a car
- Experience of working in or knowledge of the domestic abuse and sexual violence charity sector
- Lived experience and/or a good understanding of domestic abuse and sexual violence and its impact on individuals and families.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to establish and manage relationships with a wide variety of people
- A comprehensive induction and training programme.
- Access to external supervision which is a safe space to discuss personal or emotional responses to traumatic or difficult cases, to ensure emotional and psychological wellbeing.
- Health and wellbeing resources including our staff Wellbeing group.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Programme which includes a comprehensive 24/7 telephone helpline offering medical, emotional and financial support.
Additional Information: The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring check. Please note that due to our policies regarding COVID-19, some staff may sometimes be required to work from home.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 9:00am Friday 17th June 2022
Expected date for interviews: Monday 27th June
If you do not hear from us by 25th June 2022, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time.
To apply: Due to Safeguarding requirements we are unable to accept CVs as part of your application, or employ any candidate who has been a client of First Light within the last two years. Please complete both sections of our application form that can be found at the top of this page and email to email@example.com . Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile, which is a combined job description and person specification. Alternatively, you can ring 03458 121212 to request an application pack.