Therapeutic Team Manager
Salary: £31,620 per annum
Holiday: 25 days annual holiday entitlement increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service per annum (plus bank holidays).
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday) 9am-5pm.
We are looking for a proactive and dynamic Team Manager for our Children and Young People and Adult Counselling Service. The service delivers counselling, pre-trial therapy and the Safe Parent Project to adults and children and young people who have been affected by sexual violence and abuse.
- Responsibility for the day-to-day operational delivery of the service, meeting all key performance indicators
- To provide leadership and management to a team made up of a Therapeutic Team Leader, employed Counsellors, self-employed Counsellors and Counsellors in Training
- Responsibility for service development, audit, safeguarding, gathering client feedback and completing monthly and quarterly reports
- Holding a small caseload and completing assessments
- Leading our Counsellor in Training programme, including the delivery of an education programme and continued support and mentorship to the trainees.
- Membership of BACP (or equivalent) with a Level 5 Diploma in Counselling, Psychotherapy, or postgraduate in a closely related field.
- Training in one of the humanistic models of Counselling and have experience of working with trauma.
- Management qualifications at degree level, equivalent experience or a vocational qualification.
- It is essential that you have a full driving licence and access to a car as there will be a requirement to travel to other sites as needed. The successful candidate will be subject to a DVLA check.
A comprehensive induction and training programme will be provided, and all staff have access to external supervision.
- Membership of Perkpal, our employee discount and rewards programme (such as for cinema, shopping and gym memberships)
- Health and wellbeing resources including our wellbeing group.
- Access to our employee assistance programme which includes a comprehensive telephone helpline available 24/7, offering information around medical, emotional and financial support.
- A host of retail, leisure, fitness and entertainment discounts.
Additional Information: All applicants will be subject to the Disclosure & Barring Scheme. Please note due to our policies regarding COVID-19 staff may be required to work from home.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 9:00am 25th October 2021.
Expected date for interviews: Week commencing 1st November 2021.
If you do not hear from us by Monday 1st November 2021, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time. Due to Safeguarding requirements we are unable to accept CV’s.
To apply: Please complete both our application forms that can be found at the top of the page. Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile (this is a combined job description and person specification). Alternatively, you can ring 03458 121212 to request an application pack.