Wiltshire Sexual Assault Referral Centre Manager
Salary : £30,900 per annum rising to £32,569 per annum on successful completion of probation
Hours : 37.5 hours per week
Holiday : 25 days annual holiday entitlement increasing to 30 days after 5 years’ service per annum plus bank holidays
Base : Swindon SARC
Contract : Permanent
The successful candidate will be responsible for co-ordinating all activities related to the smooth running of the Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC).
The SARC Manager will effectively lead and manage this service, playing a pivotal role in developing a strategic vision for the service ensuring changes meet internal and external expectations.
Operating as part of the charity’s Management Team and based at the Sexual Assault Referral Centre in Swindon, the primary duties of the SARC Manager are to:
- Provide leadership and management to staff, ensuring the needs of service users remain central to all the service does;
- Directly lead and line manage the administrators, Crisis Workers, Crisis Advocates and Engagement Outreach Coordinator
- Formulate and implement Sexual Violence strategies and operational plans and take a lead role in local and regional Sexual Violence strategy partnerships;
- Represent the charity and service, effectively influencing multi-agency stakeholders employing diplomacy, tact and negotiation;
- Conduct proactive service outreach to educate, inform and improve service utilisation and accessibility across the county;
- Monitor and regularly report on charitable grant funding and contractual KPIs
- Proactively lead on the development and achievement of service compliance: information governance, accreditations, training, safeguarding, equality and diversity information, quality assurance, forensic integrity;
- Provide leadership to staff on safeguarding policy and implementation within Swindon and Wiltshire
- Maintain strong working relationships with key stakeholders such as Wiltshire Police, Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner and Gloucester Health Care, including delivering training to multi-professional teams
- Full participation in First Light’s out of hours duty management rota, operating 24/ 7/ 365
- Seek additional opportunities to develop First Light’s services in Wiltshire;
- Support the Fundraising team to submit bids for local grants to enhance service delivery
- Management qualifications at degree level, equivalent experience or a vocational qualification
- Exceptional leadership and management skills
- Understanding of sexual violence including the impact on victims and their children and the legal and practical remedies available to these clients
- Full driving licence and access to a car
A comprehensive induction and training programme will be provided, and all staff have access to external supervision. This is a safe space in which employees can discuss the personal or emotional responses to any traumatic or difficult cases, to ensure their emotional and psychological wellbeing.
- Membership of Perkpal, our employee discount and rewards programme (such as for cinema, shopping and gym memberships)
- Health and wellbeing resources including our Wellbeing group.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme which includes a comprehensive telephone helpline available 24/7, offering information on medical, emotional and financial support.
Additional Information: The successful applicant will be subject to the Disclosure & Barring Scheme and police vetting. Please note that due to our policies regarding COVID-19, some staff may currently be required to work from home. We are unable to employ any candidate who has been a client of First Light within the last two years.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 13th May 2022
Expected date for interviews: 23rd May 2022
If you are successful in securing an interview for this role you will hear from us by 20th May 2022.
To apply: Please complete both sections of our application form that can be found on our website and email them to email@example.com . Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile, which is a combined job description and person specification on our website. Alternatively, you can ring 03458 121212 and press option 3 to request an application pack. Due to Safeguarding requirements we are unable to accept CVs.