Vacancies and Volunteering
As a growing organisation, we’re often on the look-out for passionate, determined and committed people to join our award-winning team.
You might want to join us because
- We are considered experts in our field; we provide specialist support
- We are a people focused organisation and consider it a privilege to meet, engage and support somebody at their moment of crisis
- We are often the first people that a somebody has told about violence or abuse – a responsibility we take extremely seriously
- We listen, empathise and see people that use our services
- We believe that people have a choice whether to engage with us. We will always respect their life choices
- We encourage people to find their voice, empower them to make positive change in their lives and thrive in a positive future
- We stand beside people, often advocating on their behalf to get better outcomes
We particularly welcome applications from people who share our vision, mission and organisational values.
Wiltshire SARC Manager (Team Manager)
Salary: £28,000 – £32,000 per annum (dependent upon experience)
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week (Monday – Friday, 09:00 – 17:00)
First Light have recently won the Wiltshire SARC contract to deliver the existing Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC) service in Wiltshire, starting on 1st October 2018. We are now recruiting to the post of SARC Manager, based in Swindon, to lead, manage and develop this service. The successful candidate will be based at the Swindon SARC, during Monday to Friday, between 09.00 – 17.00. The start date will be from 14th September, with a two week induction process delivered in Plymouth and Swindon prior to the contract start date of 1st October 2018.
Operating as part of the charity’s Management Team and based at the Sexual Assault Referral Centre in Swindon, the primary duties of the SARC Manager are to:
• Provide leadership and management to staff, ensuring the needs of service users remain central to all the service does;
• Directly lead and line manage the administrators and Crisis Workers;
• Formulate and implement Sexual Violence strategies and operational plans and take a lead role in local and regional Sexual Violence strategy partnerships;
• Represent the charity and service, effectively influencing multi-agency stakeholders employing diplomacy, tact and negotiation;
• Conduct proactive service outreach to educate, inform and improve service utilisation and accessibility across the county;
• Monitor and regularly report on charitable grant funding and contractual KPIs;
• Act as the Care Quality Commission (CQC) Registered Manager once SARC services are regulated by the CQC (at some point in the future); and
• Seek additional opportunities to develop First Light’s services in Wiltshire.
There will be a requirement to apply for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and police vetting.
To apply: Please complete both sections of the application form (see links below). Ensure that you outline your relevant experience and evidence suitability for the role against the role profile and person specification. Alternatively, you can ring 03458 121212 to request an application pack. We hope to carry out the interviews mid-August, therefore please inform us of any planned holiday dates during this time.
CVs will not be accepted.
Deadline for receipt of applications: 9:00 am Tuesday 14th August
Expected date for interviews in Swindon : Wednesday 5th September
If you do not hear from us by Friday 31st August, please assume you have been unsuccessful at this time. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we will not be able to provide feedback to applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview.
For SECTION ONE of the application form please click here
For SECTION TWO of the application form please click here
For completion of our Equality and Diversity monitoring form (optional) please click here
To read the Wiltshire SARC Manager role profile please click here
First Light’s recruitment procedures are in line with recommended best practice to safeguard all adults, children and young people who use our services. It is vital that all of our staff understand their roles and responsibilities, and expectations of our staff are set out in the following safeguarding policies which are regularly updated to meet the local safeguarding board requirements. For more information on the data we process, why we process it, our legal basis, how long we keep it and the rights of prospective employees, please see our Fair Processing Notice for Prospective Employees.
To read our Safer Recruitment policy please click here
To read our Safeguarding Children and Adults policy please click here
To read our Fair Processing Notice please click here
Click here to find out about current volunteering opportunities at First Light.